The student management section allows you to manage all of the students in your system, as well as add new students. When you enter this section, you will see a list of your students. A filter in the top right corner allows you to see active students, inactive students, or all students. The top left portion of the table depicts your current license count. If you are above your license count, you can visit the billing section to add additional student licenses.
Choosing “open” from this screen will take you directly to that student’s program. You can also deactivate students and they will no longer appear on the app or in the portal, but all data are stored and accessible on the system.
Due to HIPAA regulations, student's cannot be deleted from Catalyst. When you are finished with a student, you can de-activate them to free up a license and their data will remain in the system indefinitely.
Importing and Exporting Student Programming
From the student case management page, you can also upload student curriculum spreadsheets, which allow users to mass-import target and program data into the portal from an Excel file directly to that learner. Simply click Download Sample Spreadsheet for a template, fill out each cell provided, and then click Import Programming next to the name of the relevant student. If you wish to import the same information for more than one student, you will still need to import the spreadsheet beside each student’s name. To copy a current student’s program, choose Export Programming, and save. This way, you can import that spreadsheet to other students you wish to have the same curriculum.
Creating a New Student
To create a new student in the system, click the Create New Student link and you will be presented with the new student wizard. This is a sequence of 4 screens that will guide you through setting up demographics, as well as mastery and baseline criteria for that student.
- First Name (required) - The student's first name
- Last Name (required) - The student's last name
- Student Code - This is a alphanumeric identifier you can use to ensure student confidentiality. If the code is used, it will be displayed on the device instead of the student's name.
- Gender (required) - The student's gender
- Date of Birth (required) - The student's Date of Birth
- Diagnosis - Catalyst can track a student's diagnosis and pull that data into various progress reports. This is a free form text field, so you can enter any value.
- Entry Date (required) - This should be entered as the date the student started with your organization's program. This value is also used within progress reports.
- BCBA (required) - Enter the student's BCBA. This is used for insurance progress reports
- Lead Therapist (required) - The student's BCBA. This is also used for insurance progress reports.
The next page allows you to enter guardian information. This information is not required but can be helpful to have stored within Catalyst.
This information can be utilized within various reports and templates.
Baseline Criteria allows you to specify the criterion that needs to be met to move a target out of baseline. The criterion is as follows:
- Number of correct trials - Indicates how many trials must be correct for the target to be considered mastered.
- Out of (total trials) - Indicates how many trials of the target skill must be collected in order to move the target out of baseline.
Based on these user-defined values, after baseline data has been collected on a target it will be classified as either failed or mastered in baseline.
- Failed in Baseline – The number of trials required for baseline was met; however the number of correct trials was not met. Once a target fails baseline, it will no longer allow for baseline data collection and will be available to open for acquisition data collection. You also have the ability to set whether or not a target opens automatically upon failing baseline.
- Mastered in Baseline – The number of trials required for baseline was met and the number of trials correct was met. Once a target masters out of baseline, it will no longer allow for baseline data collection and will go directly into maintenance if specified.
- Response Percentage - Divides the number of correct responses per day by the number of trials per day. If the percentage is greater than or equal to this value, then this criterion is met.
- Consecutive Days - The number of consecutive days that ALL other criterion must be met.
- First Trial Independent - Choosing YES here indicates that the first trial of the day must be independent/correct for mastery to occur.
- Only Count First Trial - Select “yes” for this item if you wish to rely on cold probe data only.
- Minimum Number of Trials - Requires that a specific number of trials need to be conducted per day in order for a target to be mastered.
- Minimum Number of Therapists - Requires that a specific number of therapists record data during the day in order for a target to be considered mastered.
Deactivate a Student
Due to HIPAA regulations, student's cannot be deleted from Catalyst. Deactivate a student to make them no longer appear on the Catalyst app or in the Portal.
It is important to deactivate students who are not actively receiving treatment as active students count in your organizations license subscriptions.
Locate appropriate student to deactivate.
- Click Actions.
- Click Deactivate.